Lormes is a village situated in the « Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan », in the Nièvre department, part of the Bourgogne-Franche-Comté region, at a 6-hours drive from Calais.
In the Parc Naturel du Morvan, created in 1970 by the former president François Mitterand, only agricultural and tourist activities are allowed. Rolling hills (maximum altitude 900ms), green meadows separated by the typical mixed hedges, lakes and brooks create a heaven of pure air. Day trips to historical towns, castles, abbeys, small villages with local markets and antiques, are within a 75kms drive from the house.
Visit the many pittoresque towns
- Autun (cathedral, roman sites, Rolin museum)
- Auxerre (pedestrian walkway along the Yonne river, cathedral)
- Avallon (ramparts, basilica)
- Chablis (famous white wine, town center)
- Nevers (cathedral, city center, tile museum)
- Vézelay (basilica on the road to Santiago de Compostela)
Castles & celtic sites
Enjoy the history of the area
Castles of Burgundy
- The « Route des Châteaux des Ducs de Bourgogne » (13 castles)
- Guédelon (medieval castle, under construction since 1997 with the use of ancient building methods)